Thursday, February 19, 2009

Building Selection and Justification



Building: Petronas Twin Towers

Architect: Cesar Pelli

Completion date: 1998

Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Function: It’s an office building for the Petronas, the national petroleum company in Malaysia.


I chose the Petronas Twin Towers because I have always been interested in the building and have wanted to see it.
  I think it demonstrates commodity, firmness, and delight.  The commodity of the building is that it is a functional office building and headquarters for a large petroleum company. It has been completed for eleven years and is still in good condition showing its firmness and stability.  It is an outstandingly beautiful building especially at night when the light shows and reflects on the glass.

Even thought the title is “twin towers” I see it as one building.  The bridge between the two was such an important part of the design process and allows peoples to easily pass between the two towers.  I feel that the studies and analysis of this building will help me to better understand the theories of design.

No comments: